LINKS TO PREVIOUS TRIPS



To read about other countries we've visited, just click on the following links:

2013
Iceland, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Mongolia, China, Thailand, Cambodia and South Korea

2014
Germany, Poland, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Israel, Jordan and Denmark

2015
Hawaii, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Nepal, India and England

2016
Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Ethiopia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa, U.A.E. and Denmark.

2018
France (Paris and Lourdes), Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Spain, Andorra, Morocco (Tangier), Portugal and the Netherlands (Amsterdam).

2019
New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, Great Britain, Antarctica, Patagonia and Paraguay.

Monday, October 30, 2017

10/30: Off to Peru's Amazon Basin - No Internet Likely!

Family and friends: I know all too well how very far behind I am in writing posts about our ten days discovering the magical Galapagos Islands off Ecuador's mainland and about ten more days in Peru's Sacred Valley including magnificent Machu Picchu. As you might imagine, our days have been full and, unfortunately, the internet has been very spotty too.

I just want to give you all a heads up that I won't likely be able to post anything for a while because we're heading off to the Amazon Basin in a few hours. We'll be spending the next three nights in the jungle which sounds like it will be a great adventure. I can't imagine we'll have any internet access so I will be even further behind writing posts. After returning to civilization, we'll have one day in Arequipa, Peru's second largest city, before being whisked away to Peru's Colca Canyon. 

When I have the ideal combination of time and good internet - ha ha - I will update you on what we've been lucky enough to see and experience. My arms feel like they have grown a few inches as I always carry a pen, paper in my left hand and camera in my right hand so I can remember what on God's earth which animal, church or other feature we see each day. That way, I can share way later with some veracity what it is we've done!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the jungle mosquitoes and other biting insects will choose to leave me alone as I still have welts on my lower legs from minuscule gnats that loved my blood when we were hiking outside of Machu Picchu close to a week ago. To prepare for our few days in the Amazon, Steven and I bought special shirts to ward away the bugs. The night before last, he also sprayed all our clothes we're taking into the jungle with a second dose of Permethrin. Hopefully that and lots of mosquito repellent lathered everywhere will help us both be bug-free!

I'll be in touch as soon as I can. Until then, stay safe and enjoy life. Please remember our email addresses are listed at the bottom of each post so drop us a line whenever you have a moment as we think of you often and love to hear what's going on in your lives, too. 

If you're viewing this on your mobile device, you need to click on the "view web version" at the bottom of each post to see our email addresses and full blog.

Annie and Steven

Posted on October 30th, 2017 from Cusco, Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment